No one likes to be rejected.
But it happened to me this week…twice!
The first was from an agent and the other from a publisher.
And… I can’t even begin to explain how excited I was to get these.
I have written for the past five years out of obedience. I attended the She Speaks conference this July out of obedience. Both are things that God has been very clear on. Both are also things that have brought much fear and a serious battle with doubt. I’ve had many conversations with God asking Him everything from why to how, including throwing my hands up in the air at Him over not wanting this assignment if it was all about me.
As I was on a prayer walk the other morning, I specifically asked that I wouldn’t have to chase the publishers and agents down that I met with at She Speaks. I was clear with God that I wanted Him to open the doors if this was the direction that I was supposed to go.
An hour and a half later, I received an email from one of the publishers I had met with.
It was nothing short of a blessing because…
1. God directly answered my prayer. How can one not be excited to hear directly from the God of the universe without getting excited no matter what the answer?
2. I asked for more specific feedback from the publisher and received it.
3. My rejection was God’s confirmation that I’m right where I’m supposed to be with Him. It didn’t crush me. In fact, I wasn’t even the least bit sad. God and I have been on this journey together. It’s not about me; it’s about Him. This was God’s way of confirming that my heart is truly in the right place.
4. It was a symbol of BOLD faith. This girl got on a plane, flew across the country, and sat across the table from publishers and agents. I met women I didn’t know, shook hands and pitched a book to people I didn’t know, and I shared my story for His glory with anyone who would listen. This rejection represents the fact that I did not allow fear to keep me from doing what God had clearly asked me to. This rejection is indicative of the kind of faith that “walks on water” and doesn’t just sing about wanting to. (Click to Tweet)
In the past, rejection or the feeling of being rejected came from seeking the approval of others. When I didn’t get it, I was more than devastated.
But…Man’s rejection becomes God’s confirmation when the only approval we’re seeking is His. (Click to Tweet)
Maybe one day I’ll be a “published” author or maybe not. I still have two people to hear back from and many conversations with God to be had before I’ll know what He’s up to.
But for now…
All that matters… is that today… I live to make Him famous by continuing to get out of the boat.
What About You?
This is place of community and conversation. A dialogue is taking place. Here are some ways you can participate:
- Leave a response in the comments below. What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? If you’re still not sure what to say try answering these questions: ? Have you experienced rejection that felt good to get? What, besides rejection, indicates a faith that is BOLD, daring, and alive to you? If you are struggling with having this kind of faith, what is holding you back?
- Did you like what you read? Did you learn anything? Gain any insight? Then share that with others. Let your friends know. Use the share buttons as a way of engaging others in this dialogue.
- I love my readers and try to let them know that as often as possible. Subscribe to the blog and you will never miss a post and automatically be entered for any giveaways. Click Here To Subscribe!